There is no question that a healthy life style can reduce life insurance premiums and health care costs. Statistics show that the healthier you are the lower your medical costs and health insurance will be. Developing a healthy lifestyle can be accomplished by considering the following:
Eating out the right way Everyone likes to eat out. However, people who eat out more often tend to have increased risks for serious health issues over time. It is not eating out that causes these issues, but rather the types of foods consumed when eating out. So, here are a few simple tips on eating healthy while eating out:
· Stay away from fast food.
· Drink lots of water rather than ordering soda.
· Ask if smaller portions are available or whether you can share entrees with a companion. If smaller portions aren’t available, ask for a to-go box when you order and place half the entrée in the box to eat later.
· Order an appetizer-sized portion or a side dish instead of an entrée.
· Ask for salad dressing to be served "on the side" so you can add only as much as you want.
· Eat slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the message from your stomach that you are no longer hungry
Get Regular Exercise One great way to stay healthy is to exercise daily. Take a walk, run, bike, or hike. The more fit you are, the lower your life insurance premiums will be.
Quit Smoking If you smoke, quit. Life insurance companies judge smoking as a critical risk factor in determining your premium.
Get Rest Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
Get your annual flu shot October or November is the best time to get vaccinated, but you can still get vaccinated in December or later. Flu season can start as early as October and last as late as May.
Go Fishing Make fish a bigger part of your diet.
Eat a Banana People whose diets are rich in potassium may be less prone to high blood pressure.
Remember these are not in the healthy food group: Whipped toppings, cookies, gravy, saturated fats, spreads of all kinds, and juice that is not made 100% from fruit.
If you want to lower your health insurance, general health care costs, and life insurance, consider making changes to your life style. We are confident that you will see reductions in insurance costs, be healthier, and live longer.